Friday 28 June 2013

The Perfect Cosmo

Cocktails are one of my absolute favourite things - the fancy glasses, juicy colours and all of the associated glamour! I do like to create my own cocktails, however every now and then it's good to go back to a classic.

And what's more classic than a Cosmopolitan? Brought to our attention by the ladies from Sex And The City - in the final ever episode Miranda asks "Why did we ever stop drinking these?" to which Carrie replies "Because everyone else started!" - it was love at first sip for me back in 2004, on holiday in Grenada.


My first ever Cosmo in 2004!!


As soon as I got home I set about perfecting the recipe - and here it is!




Pour 2 shots of citrus vodka (Smirnoff, as above, or Absolut work well) and one shot of Cointreau into a cocktail shaker over ice.



Add the juice of half a lime...



 ... and about 3 good glugs of cranberry juice.

Pop the lid on and give it a good shake.




Serve in a martini glass and enjoy (Jimmy Choos optional)!

No comments:

Post a Comment